Ep. 14 introduces you to Greg Kajewski & James Seils of BettorEdge, a no-fee social betting marketplace that is on a mission to democratize sports betting by getting the edge back to the bettor.
Hear them discuss:
- How BettorEdge is fundamentally different from other betting products, and why they prefer to be compared to social fintech platforms like Venmo or Robinhood
- Why their social betting marketplace is able to operate in 45 states when traditional betting exchanges cannot
- Their focus on educating consumers about the "hidden fees" within fixed-odds sportsbooks and betting exchanges
- How localizing the product and marketing has enabled them to seed the marketplace and overcome the cold start problem
- Why they have made charitable giving a priority, and what it meant to donate $10,000 to Chad Greenway's 'Lead the Way Foundation'
➡️ BettorEdge website
➡️ Greg Kajewski on Linkedin
➡️ James Seils on Linkedin
This episode is presented by The Betting Startups Newsletter, a monthly Roundup of key developments from the betting industry's most promising startup companies. Keep your finger on the pulse of the early stage ecosystem and subscribe now! news.bettingstartups.com